From Las Vegas airport: 4 hour drive to boat dock.
From Phoenix airport: 4 hour drive to boat dock.
From Salt Lake City airport: 6 hour drive to boat dock.
This is an overnight trip, departing at 7:00 am and returning by approximately 6:00 pm the following day(s).
We recommend arriving the night before and staying in Page, Arizona so your travel time is reduced the day of your adventure. All hotels in Page, AZ are only 10 minutes from our departure location at the dock.
If your adventure is from April 1st through November 30th, you will meet your guide at the State Line boat dock.
If your adventure is from December 1st through March 31st, you will meet your guide at the Wahweap boat dock.
Please arrive on time, as we will be waiting for you at the dock located at the bottom of the boat ramp. You can park in the parking lot and walk down the ramp. We will have a brief safety orientation session and then be on our way.
All inclusive adventure
- 2020 Sea-Doo Fish Pro
- Meals, snacks, and drinks
- Personal ice chest: we will be providing snacks such as nuts, jerky, chips, fruit cups, granola bars, etc. We also will provide cold drinks like Gatorade, water and soft drinks
- Dinner will be a choice of Lasagna, Taco Salad (Lake Powell-style and all time favorite) or Chile Verde with Rice
- Camping equipment package designed by Up Lake Adventures, LLC
- Sleeping gear, padded cot with sheets and blanket
- Comfortable chair, a wind and waterproof shelter
- Fuel, fishing rods and tackle
What to pack
- Lip Balm
- Water Shoes
- Camera or phone - there is a waterproof compartment for valuables
- Appropriate clothes for the time of year
- Fishing license
- Toothbrush and other personal hygiene items
- Swimsuit and towel
- Change of clothes
- We recommend a floating lanyard like Chums for eyeglasses, to prevent them from sinking
Please bring all personal items in a bag no larger than 16" wide x 18" tall x 12" deep
We accept everyone aged 12 and up. We take it easy for those who just want to go slow. Passengers are not permitted. All adventurers under the age of 18 must have in their possession a valid Utah Boater Education Card. Apply here. https://www.boat-ed.com/utah/boating_card.html
The Sea-Doo Fish Pro is very easy to drive. Before the journey, we provide a quick tutorial to ensure your safety.
Your enjoyment is very important to us. We only ride at speeds within your comfort zone – never faster. We've hosted many adventurers who have never operated a PWC before, and within a few hours, they feel like pros.
Yes it is, but keep in mind, winter months are not for everyone. It’s quite cold and the water is freezing. Dry suits are provided during this time.
From November - February, Lake Powell is very quiet and it is an amazing time to be on the water. The striper fishing is off the charts. Many days, it's possible to catch over 50 fish.
We don’t swim in the lake, as the average water temperature is 50 degrees. But the water is like glass and the hiking is spectacular. Remember, the days are short and the nights are long, so bring a good book or tablet and be prepared to spend time relaxing in your tent.
Up Lake Adventures is managed by Bob Reed. With decades of experience on Lake Powell, he’s a licensed fishing guide with United States Coast Guard License (OUPV) and Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) through Glen Canyon National Recreation Area NPS.
One of America’s gorgeous natural wonders, Lake Powell is 186 miles long with 96 side canyons, 5 marinas, excellent fishing in beautiful clear water and spectacular ancient sandstone formations. It truly casts a spell on all who visit it.