BRP | Uncharted Society
Position: Chief of Adventure
The BRP Chief of Adventure is a dream job that will take a select candidate to all the brand’s Uncharted Society experiences across the United States, where they’ll venture out into some of the wildest outdoor playgrounds across the country, powered by BRP. Ideal candidates will have a passion for adventure and the outdoors and are eager to live the Uncharted life. Beyond living the Uncharted life, they’ll also truly embody it, representing the brand at each Uncharted location with enthusiasm, energy, a sociable nature and insatiable desire to try new things. They’re confident with photo, video, and media work, ideally with an audience of their own to share content with. The role will require a six-month commitment, during which the selected candidate will travel around the US in an RV provided by BRP, engaging with partners, media, and the BRP team to help Uncharted Society reach its full potential. The chosen Chief of Adventure will also be able to bring a plus one along, as BRP knows adventures are best shared with good company.
About BRP’s Uncharted Society
Launched last summer, BRP’s Uncharted Society offers more than 40 expertly curated experiences using powersports vehicles in the United States. From the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, the Gulf of Mexico, the Rockies, Joshua Tree, and many more, the unique experiences take place in bucket-list destinations around the country. Guests of Uncharted Society engage in packaged experiences on Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am off-road and on-road vehicles, and Ski-Doo snowmobiles, giving them the ability to own the moment without having to own the ride. By making these experiences accessible, easy and affordable, BRP aims to increase awareness and access to BRP vehicles, introducing a new generation to the thrill of powersports.
This position is entirely remote
- Develop and execute epic six-month road trip to all Uncharted Society experiences across the United States
- Participate in all Uncharted Society experiences, including the operation of Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am off-road and on-road vehicles, and Ski-Doo snowmobiles
- Engage with regional and national media personnel, participating in interviews and hosting media as additional participants on Uncharted Society experiences
- Capture, edit, and create engaging content in each location to drive engagement and bolster Uncharted Society’s media library, including but not limited to video reels, social assets, and marketing photography
- Share Uncharted Society experiences with audiences through both BRP and personal social channels
- Serve as liaison between BRP corporate team and Uncharted Society partners
- Collaborate closely with BRP’s public relations agency, Backbone Media
Qualifications (please apply if you feel you fit a majority of these requirements)
- Capable of operating motor vehicles, including watercraft, off-road and on-road vehicles, and snowmobiles (must have valid US driver’s license)
- Ability to self-sustain RV travel, including comfort with finding, booking, and navigating to campsites
- Experience with all the major social media platforms
- Adept at route and trip planning
- Experience with copyediting, including AP style
- Proven ability to work with teams to achieve results
100% of the time. The chosen candidate will need to be available from August 2021 to February 2022.
The application process is now over. Thank you to all applicants and stay tuned to discover our Chief of Adventure!
$50,000, plus all associated expenses including travel and entertainment, meals, campsites, etc. This position is a contractor role and therefore not eligible for BRP’s additional benefits, including, but not limited to, paid vacation and sick leave, healthcare, matching 401(k), etc. Compensation will remain the same if the selected candidate chooses to bring a plus one along for the adventure.
We are a global leader in the world of powersports vehicles, propulsion systems and boats, built on over 75 years of ingenuity and intensive consumer focus. Our portfolio of industry-leading and distinctive products includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer and Savage boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. We complete our lines of products with a dedicated parts, accessories and apparel business to fully enhance the riding experience. With annual sales of CA$6.0 billion from over 130 countries, our global workforce is made up of approximately 14,500 driven, resourceful people. To learn more, visit www.brp.com.